Lone Oak ISD believes in empowering teachers and staff by providing a variety of professional development opportunities throughout the year.
Professional learning is a goal-driven cycle that includes learning experiences, supported implementation, evaluation, and reflection that transfers into improved practice to elevate student success. We are not only responsible for our own professional learning but that also of our coworkers, as well. Teams work together collectively and collaborate to improve learning for ALL students.
We believe professional learning includes:
- Effective learning to positively impacts student learning.
- Equity and excellence in teaching and learning are achieved through the implementation of systemic, high-quality professional learning.
- Educators have an ethical obligation to continually learn and improve their practice.
- Collaboration and modeling are the heart of high-quality, job-embedded professional learning.
- Educators taking ownership of their learning increases motivation for implementation.
Lone Oak ISD offers numerous models of professional learning throughout the school year. Visit the links below to learn more or explore the types of learning taking place in Lone Oak ISD. (Not all links may be available for public viewing.)