Family Engagement Plan
Parent Family Engagement Policy
Lone Oak ISD believes that parents (including those who are economically disadvantaged, have disabilities, have limited English, have limited literacy, are of any racial or ethnic background, or are parents of migratory children) are partners with teachers and other staff in the education of their children. Lone Oak ISD believes that parent involvement and empowerment are essential to student achievement and academic growth at all levels throughout the school district.
Lone Oak ISD believes that a student’s academic achievement requires that parents have an understanding of curriculum, academic achievement standards, assessments, and district/school policies and procedures. Families also need to understand how to monitor their children’s progress and work together with all campus staff. Lone Oak ISD will offer parent meetings designed to gain input and inform parents about academic expectations. Lone Oak Elementary will host an annual parent information meeting for parents to receive information about the campus and Title I programs. Lone Oak ISD believes that this information leads to increased parent involvement, communication, and academic achievement of all students.
Lone Oak ISD shall work in collaboration with parents and guardians and shall actively support parents in enhancing parent involvement by:
- Respecting parents as partners in the education of their children
- Fostering a welcoming and responsive environment for parents. Each campus has one counselor who supports both students and family needs. Office staff are welcoming and sensitive to the needs of all parents.
- Parents and families will be provided a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the campus and the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress when requested • Coordinating efforts to meet the needs of parents through various district and campus community programs
- Valuing the need for partnership between the school and the community. The district actively seeks resources to support academic and parent programs at Lone Oak ISD. Parents will be provided timely information about school programs
- Establishing and promoting communication as a source of trust and understanding between the school and parents. This is accomplished through parent-teacher meetings, parent-principal meetings, email, campus/district web pages, phone calls, parent meetings, etc.
Parents/Guardians are asked and encouraged to be involved in their children’s learning and education by:
- Utilizing two-way lines of communication between parents and school staff on the instruction, assessment and achievement and conduct of their children
- Participating in site-base leadership and decision making teams, PTA, and any other organizations offered by your campus
- Ensure that your student attends school regularly and on time
- Encourage your student to do his/her best work
Lone Oak ISD agrees to implement all of the requirements mandated by the Title I part A and this policy. Consistent with section 1118, the district will work to ensure that the required school level parental involvement policies meet the requirement of section 1118 of the ESEA.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.